Post-Secondary Education Webinar Training Series
The Post-Secondary Education Training Series is a series of web seminars focused on improving post-secondary education outcomes among current and former foster youth. These web seminars are held the second Thursday of the month from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. and feature experts on the topic and includes Q&A. All webinars are recorded and posted on our website so you can listen later if you can’t make the scheduled airtime.
- March 9th: On-Campus Supports & Resources for Foster Youth
What support programs and systems exist to help foster youth enroll and succeed in college? How can you help them access all the support available?
- April 13th: Foster Youth & Financial Aid, Part II: After the FAFSA
Once the FAFSA is filed, what does the student need to do to ensure they receive financial aid? What’s important for maintaining satisfactory academic progress and avoiding overpayments?
- May 11th: Career Technical Education & Other Budding Programs
Learn about the array of career training programs offered at community colleges that help youth get good jobs with career advancement potential.
To register for upcoming webinars click HERE. This link registers you for the entire series: you can attend one or all, as you wish. You will receive a confirmation email with call-in information and a reminder email for each webinar.
- How to Help Foster Youth Avoid the Remediation Trap & Achieve College Success
- Beyond Case Management: The Essentials of Academic Coaching
- Collaboratives Supporting Foster Youth to & through College
- Financial Aid & Foster Youth, Part 1: Completing the FAFSA
You can listen to all of these HERE.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org