Find Campus Support Programs
Starting college can be overwhelming and confusing at times for all new students. For foster youth who may not have the family backup, there are now many support programs that can become a youth’s campus family. These programs can help youth beginning with the application and matriculation process and through graduation.
Many campuses have programs specifically to support current and former foster youth, often known as Guardian Scholars or Renaissance Scholars. These programs include peer advisors and personal counselors, and can provide academic advising, housing assistance, tutoring, mentoring, financial assistance, special accommodations for students with disabilities, counseling, social activities and many other resources.
- FIND CAMPUS SUPPORT PROGRAMS FOR FOSTER YOUTH
- Foster Youth Success Initiative (FYSI)
- Cooperating Agencies Foster Youth Educ. Support Programs (CAFYES)
- University Foster Youth Contacts
- Additional Support Programs
- Out of State Programs